Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Chain Stories




This activity requires a group of 3 students working together on 3 different stories. Each person will start with a different prompt and continue the first part of the story. The next student will add another paragraph in the comments section of the original story. The story continues until it has been around at least 2 times.

Required elements:
  • lots of descriptive adjectives and adverbs: describe the setting, the characters, action & suspense
  • short dialogue
  • narrative tenses (past simple, past continuous, past perfect)
If you need some help starting your story you can begin with one of these prompts:
  • I got an eerie feeling when I heard...
  • I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw...
  • As I carefully entered the haunted house, the door shut behind me and...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers